The U.S. Department of Labor added new questions regarding the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. View the full list here. Additional questions + answers are as follows.
- If my employer closes my worksite on or after April 1, 2020 (the effective date of the FFCRA), but before I go out on leave, can I still get paid sick leave and/or expanded family and medical leave?
- When does the small business exemption apply to exclude a small business from the provisions of the Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act and Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act?
- Who is a “health care provider” who may be excluded by their employer from paid sick leave and/or expanded family and medical leave?
- Who is an emergency responder?
- Do I qualify for leave for a COVID-19 related reason even if I have already used some or all of my leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)?
- If my employer reduces my scheduled work hours, can I use paid sick leave or expanded family and medical leave for the hours that I am no longer scheduled to work?